Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cappuccino maker instructions...

Posted by Marcia4 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 02 at 11:26

I wonder if anyone can help me. I bought a used cappuccino/expresso machine and didn't realize I didn't have the instructions till I got home. Can someone please tell me how to use it and how I can get me a good cup of Cappuccino with it. I got 3 bottles of "syrup" with it too. Does anyone know anything about these? Its a Krup. Maybe someone will know where I can write to to get a book or maybe someone else owns the same thing and can scan me the instructions and email them to me. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cappuccino maker instructions...

Well....I also bought a used capuccino machine....but mine's a DeLhongi.
They are really pretty self explinatory. You should have a place to put the water.....and a cortrol to turn on to heat the water. Fill with water and heat. All that I have seen have a ready light that goes on when the water is hot. Then you have the container for the grounds....it will have a handle and a cup with fine holes in it. Figure out where it fits on the coffee maker, fill the cup with espresso grind dark roast coffee....pack very gently and replace the coffee holder on the machine. Place a cup under the place where the water comes out and turn the doal until coffee comes out into the cup....when the coffee dripping down becomes light in color....turn the valve off. Then put about 2 inches of skim milk in the frothing pitcher, and find the symbol for steam on the dial....turn it to that, wait for the ready light....and stick the steamer wand just below the surface of the milk. Steam until the froth reaches about 1/2 way up the pitcher, and add to the coffee in the cup,use a spoon so as to get lots of the froth, and add sugar, flavorings or what as you choose.
Maybe someone who has made it before could show you how.
Linda C

o
RE: Cappuccino maker instructions...

Not all espresso/cappuccino machines are powerful enough to produce the amount of steam required to foam up the milk. Linda's direction to use skim milk is good, because the less fat in the milk the better it foams.

Ann.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here