Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Muffins with Juice pulp

Posted by starraffy (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 23:11

I've been juicing fruits and veggies and throwing away pulp for the longest time until I learned this muffin recipe wherein I can use my extracted juice pulp as an ingredient in my muffin.. Here's how:

Carrot Apple Ginger Juice
6 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed
5 crisp apples (such as Granny Smith), peeled, cored, and quartered
1 small knob of ginger, peeled
Juice all ingredients (use slow juicer)

Carrot Apple Ginger Tea Cakes
2 cups carrot/apple/ginger pulp 1 cups flour (all purpose or whole wheat pastry, or a combination) 2 teaspoons baking powder teaspoons cinnamon , cup sugar teaspoon salt 1 cups milk or rice/soy milk cup canola oil 1 teaspoon vanilla extract mini dark chocolate chips (optional)

How:
Preheat the oven to 400 F, and grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar in a large bowl and stir with a whisk or a fork. In a smaller bowl, combine oil, milk and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently combine, being careful not to over mix. Fold in the pulp and chocolate chips, if using. Scoop into muffin tins and bake for 18-22 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, before removing tea cakes to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Pls share your recipe too !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Muffins with Juice pulp

Wow! That was delicious and healthy. A good snack for kids.

o

It is.. go try it :) I never imagined Juice pulp can be this useful ..

o

This one i tried yesterday after juicing the carrot... i gathered the pulp i got from my juicer.. you know my juicer extracts more pulp it squeezes thoroughly.. so i have to think of a way i can use the pulp, its a good fiber anyway..

Tried this at home:
Carrot pulp burgers
1 cup shredded carrots optional it can be all juice pulp)
1/2 cup of carrot pulp
2 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil

In a bowl, combine all these ingredients . carrot pulp, cornflakes, eggs, celery, onion, salt, & pepper; mix and form into patties.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat; cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned

serve with bans or any bread! kids would love it!:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here