Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need slush for 100

Posted by heaven (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 02 at 19:19

Help!! Throwing a surprise birthday party, and would like to find a frozen margareita sluch type drink, that is easy to serve, as we will have alot of people.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need slush for 100

Alcoholic?
Linda C

o

Hi Linda, Yes Alcoholic. But I can probley cut it down to about 50 people I think. We will have beer also, and pop. We have about 125 people comming and not everyone will be drinking this. Thanks

o

I have used a product called On The Border margarita mix. It comes in about a half gallon plastic bucket, you pour a 750ml bottle of tequila with the ingredients in the bucket, mix it well, and place the bucket in the freezer overnight. It freezes into a slushy mix. You can just scoop out the slush with an ice cream scoop or whatever. Kind of low tech, and not near as good as my own home-made margaritas, but it is easy and doesn't wear out the bartender.

They have a web site:

http://www.bucketheadclub.com

o
PS... margarita slush

PS... I bought my On The Border buckets at Sam's Club. Strickly for research purposes, I have just gone downstairs to the freezer and gotten a glass out of a bucket that has been in the freezer since last summer. Mixed it up real good, and it tastes pretty good. Another tip, if you want to make a Top Shelf margarita out of this, mix in some Grand Marnier or Cointreau.

o

Another vote for the On the Border stuff.....and also for the addition of cointreau.
And also a word to the wise! When ever I have had a big party and offered margaritas and beer and pop.....everyone drank margaritas!! Have lots!! The frozen slush will keep for months in your freezer.....so don't run out.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here