Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inexpensive Margaritas for a crowd?????

Posted by HeidiHoHum (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 27, 03 at 17:47

Help!! Somehow I opened my mouth and am now having a Tex-Mex/ Margarita party for about 50 people. Does anyone have info on making enough margaritas for that big of a crowd without running out? I am a misplaced Texan in Australia for a couple years and I have not been able to find ANY mixes ANYWHERE...not even margarita salt! Haven't been able to locate a big frozen machine to rent either, but am still hunting. Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inexpensive Margaritas for a crowd?????

Can you buy Tequila? Triple sec?...or cuantro?...Limes?..And Kosher salt can sub very well for Margarita salt.
The classic Margarita....the Mexican drink....not the Tex-Mex thing....is 2 oz of fresh lime juice, 1 1/2 oz tequila, one oz ( or a little more) triple sec and sugar to taste......I don't use sugar.
But...be careful....this can hit hard! This is not a tall glass drink.
Linda C

o

Linda C-
You are making my mouth water!!! Thanks for the recipe. I am pretty sure that is the standard Margarita drink. I am not aware of a special 'TexMex' version. I know I can get Tequila, but will have to check on Triple Sec or Cuantro. Glad to know the tip on salt, that will save me from more hunting!

Thank you!
Heidi

o

The "Tex-Mex" Margarita also includes a quantity of sweet and sour mix...non alcoholic.
Stir the above recipe with lots of ice....and serve on the rocks, or just whirr in a blender with ice for frozen maragritas.
Linda C

o

I've got a good recipe that uses frozen lemonade and limeade plus the tequila. I can post if you'd like.

o

IdahoMom,

Thank you for the offer, but I am in Australia right now and unfortunately, I have not seen ANYTHING like a frozen concentrated drink ANYWHERE. I ended up using straight tequila, cointreau and fresh lime juice for my party. WOW! It was strong! I guess I am used to the kind with a sweet and sour mix. I still have a jug of the margaritas in the freezer...they'll have to be diluted by blending with ice and making them frozen margaritas!!!
Heidi

o

I realized AFTER posting that this was pretty outdated. Your margaritas sound tasty but I would have ended up asleep I'm such a wimp. Hope it was fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here