Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Martini's

Posted by chase (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 7, 02 at 15:17

Well Lindac here I am!

So tell me everyone what is your Absolut (hehehe) favourite Martini recipe.

Sue.......I see that yours is chocolate.......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Martini's

Sharon, I thought Linda was meeting you here. My husband loves the occasional Martini but he is more of a purist. Wants a very dry Gin Martini, with either a twist,an onion or an olive. I gag at the taste. Give me a good glass of wine any day.

Ann.

o

Gilbeys gin
Splash of vermouth
1 marinated green bean or 1 garlic stuffed olive
shaken a good 30 seconds, not stirred.
p.s. tastes best when made in my 1930's martini shaker

o

Bombay.....not sapphire....over ice......no fruit....no veggies.....and just lean over and whisper "vermouth" to the glass!!
Linda C

o

Well there you are Linda!

I agree with your husband Anne. A bit of a purist myself, except I prefer Vodka to Gin, that puts me at odds with the real Martini guys!

I love an extra dry Martini, with a twist........could care a less if it is shaken or stirred as long as it is ice cold.

For Christmas ,my sweetie pie son bought me some great Martini glasses, fabulous glass jewlery (think that's what it's called, each one is unique and you wrap it around the martini/wine glass stem so you know what glass is yours) and matching olive spears for Christmas........I think the girlfriend helped with the selection!

Love the line about "whispering vermouth" Linda.

o

Face England, Bow, then wave the bottle of Vermouth over the martini glass.

o

Careful, Lor!! Don't get it too close!!
Linda C

o

Linda , my DH says the bunch of us are just looking for an excuse to drink Gin or Vodka straight up......never thought about it that way. Now that I have, I think I better get a new DH! LOL

o
RE: Martini's,

Gin-on-the-Rocks is soooo crude......a martini without the vermouth is much classier! And if I really want to put on the dog....I'll order it WITH an olive....on the side.
Linda C

o

I pour one capful of Vermouth (Use the cap from the Vermouth bottle) into a large bottle of Gin, give a shake and then put the bottle in the freezer for ready made Martinis. Extra Dry.

I once saw someone on TV make Martinis and he used a spray bottle to spray a fine mist of Vermouth over the top of the Gin Martini.

Ann.

o

Two great ideas Ann. I like the first one best because then no silly person will use my good Gin for thier G & T's!

I pour a small, very small, amount of vermouth into the martini glass, swirl the glass and throw out the vermouth.

o

Two additions: I wouldn't freeze the gin or vodka before making 'tinis, because you really need to shake them with ice to mellow the flavor/feel. Also, for the vermouth, what I find works great is to put a capful into the shaker with ice, shake, and pour off the vermouth. A little bit 'sticks' to the ice, plus it washes off the cubes to get rid of any residual freezer odors...

o

I'll have what Linda is having.

o

That's easy...Grey Goose up, olives, rocks on-the-side. ☺

*NO pesky vermouth, either...ugh!

o

I'll take Grey Goose on the rocks on a Saturday evening and there's nothing better....I do hate the price though...check out this link, I have tried it and it's not Grey Goose, but it's dang close...btw I recommend 10 runs thru the Brita myself. If anything it's a fun read.
All I can say is "Brilliant!!"

Here is a link that might be useful: Finally found the Philosopher's Stone

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here