Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP! Hair loss with hair coloring!

Posted by terrapots (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 07 at 23:46

Each time I get my gray hair colored, I notice a lot of shiny scalp. By the time it's time to touch up, there are a lot of new hairs the length of my uncolored roots. Does anyone know of a hair coloring that would minimize hair loss. I've asked my hairdresser and she changed the kind she used but I still had the hair loss. I have almost 50% gray hair, not very flattering. I use Follicure shampoo and conditioner as when I change to a different type I get a lot of loss when rinsing out the shampoo. I've tried biotin but probably not enough to do any good. It seems to bother my stomach.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP! Hair loss with hair coloring!

Does your hairdresser have you sit under a dryer to heat your hair and make the color develop faster? That heat has caused my hair to frizz and break off, so now I just wait at room temperature until I'm "done."

Does your hairdresser keep checking your hair every couple of minutes to make sure it's not overprocessing?

Natural Instincts is a home product that works reasonably well to temporarily cover grey, is not harsh and comes with a good deep conditioner.

BTW, biotin has made my hair (and nails) grow faster, but it hasn't given me more hair. My thyroid hormone was found to be low, which is a common problem, and the replacement hormone I take now has given me a bit more hair -- might be worth checking.

o
RE: HELP! Hair loss with hair coloring!

oss or absence of hair, also known as alopecia is a hereditary and unavoidable condition. In some men it can be a side effect of medication, a dietary deficiency or hormonal imbalance.

You can help reduce the effects of hair loss from stress, trauma, shock or illness by increasing your intake of vitamin C found in fresh fruits and vegetables, particularly citrus fruit and juices, parsley, broccoli, green peppers and black currants.

Take a vitamin B complex everyday or brewers yeast. Increase your intake of protein found in meat, fish, liver, wheat germ, dried cooked beans and peas, tofu, cheese, milk and eggs.
Here you may find some more tips to stop hairloss: http://www.jurgita.com/articles-id134.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here