Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
boots and dress

Posted by cookie8 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 07 at 23:18

Would wearing boots with a dress make it more casual? I have a wedding to go to and was considering wearing knee high boots with it instead of heels. What do you think? The dress is pretty casual as it is so I don't want to go even more casual. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: boots and dress

From what you're describing, I think dressy shoes would make your dress more suitable for a wedding. I like the look of boots with a dress, but not for an occasion like this.

o

I agree with Mitchdesj.I think boots with a dress are fine,but not really suitable for a wedding.

o

That's what I thought. My friend is trying to convince me to wear boots.

o

Well...then again,is it a really casual wedding? I have been to some where anything goes and some people wear jeans.If it is casual it might be ok...if it is more formal,then I would go with heels or flats instead of boots.

o

And some boots are fairly dressy (stiletto with sleek leather and pointy toe) so it's not a given either way.

o

depends on the boots, depends on the dress, depends on the wedding party...and definately depends on the weather, since dress shoes with frost-bitten toes is never fun ;)

you can dress a less than formal outfit up by dressing YOU up - hair done, lips lined, nails coordinating, better jewelry, maybe a fancy shawl/throw/silk scarf?

o

OMG ... I just saw this thread. I attended a wedding the week before Christmas and wore a pair of winter white (cream colored) boots paired with a houndstooth jumper and charmeuse blouse. The jumper is fitted and the blouse has a nice attached bow so I think the look was not too casual. As someone mentioned previously the boots need to be "dressy" to really make it work, mine have a pretty high-heel 3.5". It was a day time wedding and I think it worked well. But I was sure glad to take the heels off after a couple of hours at the reception!

Lori

o

Remember how chic Condi Rice looked in boots?

Here is a link that might be useful: Condi Rice in killer boots

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here