Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eyebrow tattooing?

Posted by vieja (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 11 at 21:15

I never have had thick eyebrows so never plucked them but now as I have aged, I find I have to pencil in some of the brows, esp. on the outside ends. My brows (pretty thick near the nose) are black & have been told I should not use black pencil at my age but rather a dark brown. But the dark brown is noticably a different shade that my natural brow color even at my age. Has anyone tried tattooing in the eyebrows? Maybe I could get a dark gray/black on the ends that would look more natural. How long would the tattoos last & if the brow skin sagged I guess the tattoo would follow?! I'd hate to see what these young girls will look like when older after the years of their plucking their eyebrows so thin! Don't do it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eyebrow tattooing?

Go to a store like Sephora where they will help you pick the right shade for your brows. Don't tattoo unless it is a last ditch effort, a good brow pencil choice is cheaper and mistake correctable!

o

Thanks! Yes, that was what I would worry about... the tattoo saging with the skin... though someone who had it done said it only lasted a year or so & then faded.

o

My late MIL had it done and it looked phony. You can use a
pencil for better control. Once it's tattooed on it stays,
at least hers did, she died at 87.

o

I had mine done and I don't regret it one bit; yes it looks phony but it does look much better than the crayon. I'll be getting a touchup eventually, the color does fade slightly. As for sagging, I don't think eyebrows sag dramatically, if they went down, the makeup line would just go down a bit, imo.

It's a painful process though, and you have a scabby area for at least 7 days, which you have to keep moist with a vaseline type ointment like baccitracin, makes your brows look very dark, until it gradually scabs off.

o

Thanks, mitchdesj! I think that sounds good!

o

Thanks for posting that, mitchdesj. Good to know!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here