Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
male wants to try a bob style... needs help!

Posted by wannabob (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 25, 08 at 21:02

Seasons Greetings, Everyone!

I am a male with an oval face & brown shoulder-length, slightly wavy hair. It is pretty much one length, and worn tied back almost all the time. After a conversation with a female friend of mine, when she suggested a bob when I mentioned wanting a change, I seriously began to think about it.

Over the past few days I have tried to learn about bobs, but it seems to be just the tip of the iceberg.

I want a style that is fairly easy to manage. What type(s) would you recommend?

Thank you so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: male wants to try a bob style... needs help!

If you are used to tying back your hair, a bob will be more of a commitment, you'll have hair in your face, you'll have to blow dry it straight, are you up for that? do you ever wear your hair loose ?

my hairdresser has a bob cut, an inch below the chin, he's got a dark facial hair, he never shaves completely and his hair is very thin , he pushes it behind his ears when working.

o

Bobs are not really easy to manage.They have to be "styled" into place,so I agree with mitchdesj.

Most BOBS are longer in the front,shorter in the back.So they require constant trims to upkeep the shape too.I used to have to get mine trimmed about every 4-6 weeks or I felt it started looking like crap.
I havent seen very many guys with this style.Except Lord Farquad on Shrek and he had bangs with his bob. I think maybe a guy could pull it off WITHOUT bangs though.

o

I think a bob would look odd on a man. If you want a change why not cut it in a more typical man's hairstyle? Leave it a little long if you want.

o

I think your girlfriend may be trying to get you into a more professional, mature, trendy style. I've seen guys go from long ponytail to bob, and they looked great, especially when they started wearing their beard shorter along with it (for those who wore beards). I do not know what kind of work you do but a bob may give you a more professional, serious look and enhance your move up the career ladder. Image is everything, at work.

Since it is your girlfriend's suggestion to try a bob, why not ask her to recommend a haircutter. Most women have a favorite and also have a list of who NOT to go to. For a big change in appearance a haircutter will want you to make an appointment for a consultation first. It is not a good idea just to walk into a place cold, and ask for a big makeover to be done by a stranger cutting your hair. It puts too much stress in them. Some places will charge you for a consultation and some will let you drop by during their of hours to discuss the makeover.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here