SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renee_fl

Hair Color Question - Help!!

renee_fl
20 years ago

I have been having my hair highlighted for years. I started doing that to cover my gray. It is starting to look too bleachy so I told my stylist that I want the blonde toned back a bit. She did a foil using color instead of bleach. Now I have dark roots which she said I would have until the blonde grew out. I thought it would be blended somehow.

I am not used to telling my stylist what to do. THe styist I had before I moved just did his thing and it always looked great. He was awesome. To make matters worse this is a friend of mine who just started doing my hair (she has done hair for 30 yeas) not too long ago.

I told her that I was not happy with the way it looks and she said my options are to do the roots and throw in some blonde highlights or to just go darker which she said I would not be happy with because I like being a blonde. She said she was using a 7 and 8 and would use a 6 and 7 when she fixes it on Saturday.

I am at a total loss as to what to do. She told me that I am a natural medium blonde. In pictures, my hair before color looks brown to me.

My hair is starting to look dried out - I assume from the bleach. If I have it dyed one color will it look shinier? If I do that how do I choose the color? If she just does the roots and throws in some highlights won't that make it more blonde?

Any thoughts or suggestions? I don't know what to do and my appointment is for Saturday morning.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x