Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the big to-do over Mason-Pearson hairbrushes?

Posted by michelle_phxaz (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 21, 10 at 16:59

I read in a magazine tips from hair stylists that a great investment into your haircare was a Mason Pearson hairbrush. It didn't say the natural or nylon bristles were better than the other, so, being on a budget, I purchased the nylon one for $50, the natural bristle one was up to $100. It is supposed to pull the oils from your scalp to distribute the natural conditioner (oil) evenly, but all my hair did was get really static-y. I have very long, very straight, healthy thick hair so I thought this would be a no-brainer to help keep my hair healthy.

I went back to my old $3 brush and love it much better. Why do people rave about this brush, is it because the natural bristles are better which I will never know about?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the big to-do over Mason-Pearson hairbrushes?

Possibly it's because the hairdressers put more wear and tear on their brushes so the high quality makes them last longer, for you and me it may not make a difference. Sorry it didn't work out, that's annoying !

o
RE: What is the big to-do over Mason-Pearson hairbrushes?

Ahhh, good point. I can tell it is good quality, but I just prefer the $3 model!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here