Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garment/Clothes steamer

Posted by azmom (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 16, 06 at 16:41

I am thinking about to purchase a garment/clothes steamer - a Jiffy Steamer J-4000 model. Does anyone own this steamer? please share your experience. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garment/Clothes steamer

I've never heard of that steamer...it's not rated in Consumer Reports. However, their top pick is the Black and Decker Advantage Digital D2030 Steamer and it's only $50.

o

Ramrice, thank you for the inputs. The clothes steamer I am considering is an upright model, about $225.00-$250.00. It is not an clothes iron. Hopefully someone owns it will share the experience.

o

Here's a review I took from another forum, I'm also looking at the Rowenta, but the 8100 has problems with keeping it's cap on, still shopping, but hope this helps:
Saw this thread and thought I'd give my 2 cents. I have worked for commercial fashion photographers for years. I have had the opportunity to work with each of the brands discussed here and have always gone back to the Jiffy J-2. The J-2 has a stand by mode, keeping the water heated, activating steam when needed. It also has an optional tailor's head, which is metal and has rounded edges, eliminating many of the creases created by the blunt edges of many of the other plastic steamer heads. Being metal, it heats very well and can be used for heavy fabrics on an ironing board. Also, there is no sputtering of steam and is very easy to disassemble to clean calcium deposits. I have owned mine since 1981 and have yet to have any problems with the J-2. The J-1, which does not have the stand by mode and is more reasonably priced, offers the metal tailor's head. Besides using my steamer for the obvious, I also use it to block wool hats and refresh knitted garments and woolens. I lightly steam woolens, then brush, eliminating the need for dry cleaning after each wear. Hope this helps, JMHO itsallused.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here