Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown eye shadow that doesn't disappear

Posted by Jenn (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 30, 04 at 13:55

I'm looking for a dark brown (NOT orangey brown) eye shadow to replace the eyeliner pencil I've been using. I just can't get a good line with the pencil so I'm giving up and I don't have a lot of time or patience to fuss with it at 5:30AM when I'm in a hurry to catch my ride to work. My skin is fair and my scant lashes are light brown w/blonde tips. I'd like a dark brown shadow that doesn't disappear into the creases by the end of the day. I've seen women whose eyes still look good in the afternoon and I'm sure they don't touch them up all day long in the bathroom! I like to look natural but not plain.

Can anyone recommend a brown eye shadow to do what I want, and is there something I should apply beneath it to help it to stay in place longer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown eye shadow that doesn't disappear

stila makes a liquid liner that is sublime, you can find it at sephora

o

MAC has nice dark browns, with grey in them not orange.
you can apply it wet like a liner or dry as a shadow.

o

Thanks! Where can I buy MAC? My niece asked for it for Christmas and I didn't see it at Target so I'm wondering where it can be found.

o

No, you can't buy Mac at Target or Walmart. You either can get it directly from a MAC store or at stores like Macys. I am a MAC lover also. They also have a website you can check out.

o

Thanks Nike. I'll go take a look.

Jen

o

Dillards here in the South sells it. Also Bloomies I think.

o

To keep your eyeshadow perfect, buy Eyefix from Elizabeth Arden, I think? Ask at the department store beauty counter, and they will help.

o

bed head makes some super shadows with excellent pigment. They stay on. I use the edge of a slant brush to do eyeliner. The best and easiest I have found. Got mine at my beauty salon. They are also online.
Debby

o

I use dark grey eyeshadow and used to have the same problem. After I apply my eye shadow I use a brush to apply a fine dusting of translucent face powder on top. After you put the powder on the brush tap the brush lightly to get rid of the excess powder. What is left is just enough to "set" the eye shadow without dulling the color.

o

Thanks everyone! I'll try your suggestions.

o

One of the best tips I learned a long time ago for brown eye shadow was to always mix just a bit of pink with it to avoid a dull look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here