Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help, i need a bra that fits!!!!

Posted by cheeky75 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 2, 09 at 13:54

Please ladies I need help! I'm trying to find a good bra! I'm 48, have had children (hence sagging). I've tried every kind out there. My breasts just seem to ooze out of all sides of my bras these days - it's TERRIBLE!

Any help would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help, i need a bra that fits!!!!

Spring for the professional bra fitting- they are free, but you will probably feel obligated to buy an expensive bra. Victoria's Secret, most full-service department stores, and high-end lingerie stores all offer free bra fittings. It's well worth it. Sounds to me like you are squeezing into a cup size too small. Good luck!

o

Ditto above. I was fitted recently and bought a good bra- one from Victoria's Secret, the Body Bra - and it is the best bra I have ever worn. Excellent coverage and support.

o

Depending on what size you are, you may be wasting your time at Victoria's secret. You need to go for a professional fitting where they have a wide range of cup sizes (in other words, bigger than DD). I used to buy 38DD at Victoria's secret and felt that the fit was fine until I went for a bra fitting. I am actually a 34 FF or G depending on the style. When they say that the band should lay flat against your breast bone, it truly can. I have never had a bra do this until I went for the fitting. As well, my clothes fit so much better and I look better with more lift.

o

Go to lingerie department in a Nordstrom store asking for bra fitting by the staff who has most experience in bra fitting. That person will help you to find the right size, as well as the style and look that fit you. You may have to wait for 15-30 minutes, but it is well worth it.

Based on my experience, don't waste your time fitting at Victoria's Secret. The bras from Nordstrom may cost a little more but they hold shape and last twice as long as the ones from Victoria's Secret.

o

You could ask at Penneys also. I think they have fittings from time to time. They carry Bali, Warner, Playtex and others which are reasonably priced. Nordstrom is good, but some of their bras are $70, and maybe that's ok with you, but I don't want to pay that much when others can be just as good. Cheeky, there is a bra that will fit you, so don't give up.

o

How about trying on a bodyshaper/slimmer along with your bra just to prevent those extra fat from sticking out.

Here is a link that might be useful: SPANX

o

I would RUN from VS if I were you. I would try Dillard's, or Saks. I am a 32DDD and I learned a LONG time ago that there is NO way that I belong there! Try Wacoal brand at Dillard. Ask for a fitting and you will be SHOCKED at the difference! Also try felina for a prettier bra with some support and Calvin Klein makes soome comfotable bras with support. My favorite is wacoal for support though. they are about 45-50$. I am a pretty standard size in that bra in once I found my size I was able to find some "deals" on ebay on new ones.

o

I need to correct my post! Wish there was an edit button! I am a 32DD LOL! Jeesh! LOL! My back hurts reading that! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here