Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fashion Help Needed

Posted by jeri (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 13, 11 at 13:30

I wear jeans, T shirts, and tennis shoes on a daily basis, but once in a while, I need to dress up. My husband's office Christmas party is Friday night. It will be held at a nice hotel, but it is not formal. Last year I wore black slacks, a black sequined tank with a light jacket of mostly black with some gold mixed in.

A) I could wear the same thing.

B) I have a simple black dress (past the knees), nothing fancy, but nice. If I wore this dress, could I wear black boots with it? I have some plain, slim black boots. Or should I wear black heals? If I go with the heals, what color stockings should I wear (I don't feel dressed up without stockings - old school)?

C) I also have a simple red dress (past the knees) - boots? Heals? If heals, what color heals and stockings? The dress is very low cut, so could I wear a lace cami with it?

Thanks for any and all help!

Jeri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fashion Help Needed

Hi Jeri,
I'm new to the site, so I'm seeing this too late! I hope you had a great time at the Christmas party. I am curious though what you decided to wear. All of those would have been great options. I personally would have chosen B) with skin colored stockings and black heels. With that you can NEVER go wrong. Boots are cool but seemingly more casual and "street chic". The red dress would've worked especially with the Christmas theme, but red dresses tend to have a "hot" or "sexy" connotation depending on the style of the dress and I would guess with it being low cut that it might be best saved for date night with the hubby, but can be made office appropriate with a very in-style black lace cami with same style neckline.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here