Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Hose

Posted by yesican (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 31, 06 at 13:21

Several months ago someone on this forum said that black hose were no longer fashionable. The ladies around here still wear them. Do you wear black hose?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Hose

Sure, if I were to wear black nylons, it would have to be the sheer type, not the kind that look like tights.

o

Sheer black with dressy dress unless you have really great looking legs and can go without stockings. The fashion experts recommend no stockings, but I can't do that unless I did a quick fake tan. I don't like the way nude or tan stockings look with dressy dresses in the winter or summer for that matter.

I wear black tights with shorter skirts and flats. I think it is a good look, particularly with plaids.

o

I'm not one to go with fads. I'm overweight and I find that black bottoms (skirt or pants) with black shoes need black hose to help elongate the leg and look slimmer. I'm not necessarily talking tights, but at least hose. Nude hose or (God forbid) no hose "break up" the leg, so your eye stops and doesn't travel down the body as well.

Just my 2 cents!

o

I only wear beige colored stockings anymore.. with everything. I used to wear black skirts and black stockings until I saw a picture of myself in all black from the waist down, and THAT is all I saw! not the beautiful jacket I had on. Now, I wear a jacket and skirt in any color BUT black with beige stockings and NOW you see my outfit and my face...and for me, it has had a slimming effect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here