Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BR makeup?

Posted by petaloid (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 25, 08 at 13:17

I received a nice makeup kit as a gift, with different powders, eyeshadows, lipsticks and so on.

I wondered if any of you were familiar with the BR brand and would share information, experiences, etc.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BR makeup?

Here are a few Amazon user reviews.

Here is a link that might be useful: BR makeup

o

Thanks for the link, barnmom. I was given a bigger kit than the one reviewed, and there are so many different colors to try, especially with eye shadows. The face powders/blushers/shadows contain talc which could be a problem for some people but it doesn't bother me.

I am still trying to find information about the BR company that makes it, but I guess that's a lost cause. The ingredient list doesn't say whether products were tested on animals, so I assume they may have been. That might have stopped me from buying the kit, but it was a gift to me.

o

I dug a little deeper and think I have a link to their website.

They are in China.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beauty Resource Cosmetic Co.

o

I'm impressed that you were able to fine their website -- thanks!

China? Well, I can't say I'm too surprised, since there is so much imported from that country nowadays.

o
Oops!

Oops! -- I meant to type find their website - not "fine" it (I'm sleepy - time for more coffee!)

o

On Amazon they say that BR Makeup is by Shany. I thought I was buying Shany -- who does NOT test on animals and gives a portion of their proceeds to PETA -- not something made in China. I am cancelling my order right away and getting something from Shany.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here