Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cream Eyeshadows

Posted by Chan (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 24, 03 at 13:15

Is there a trick to wearing these?!? I bought a gorgeous shade from Marcelle, but within 3-4 hours, it looked like it had all crept up into the crease in my eyelid! Did I do something wrong? Also, what do you find is the best way to apply it? I ended up using my fingers (it didn't come with an applicator).
Thanks!
Chan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cream Eyeshadows

They can be a little tricky and there are a few things to try. You can use a thin layer of concealer on your eye lid before applying the color, it will help it stick and stay in place. You can try using a similar color of a powder shadow on your lid before applying the cream. Also a light dusting of powder or a powder shadow in a similar color over the cream will kind of set the color. Its depends on your skin too and what will work best, so you may need to do a trial and error until you find what works best for you.

I find using your finger is really the best way to apply it. Try to dab it on instead of rubbing it on. Dabbing it on will also help you control the color you get the more you layer it on of course the deeper and darker the color will get!
Hope that helps!

o
RE: Cream Eyeshadows

powder lightly, spply lightly with a brush, not the foamy thing they give you, and powder again- either a close color, or a sheer metallic (I use a 'pearl' from Expert Eyes, who make stuff for contact lens wearers, but several other companies make similar things.)

a 'primer' also helps- I still have a tube from when my best friend sold Beauty Control, it hasn't even gone stale yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here