Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Check the safety of your cosmetics, soaps

Posted by purpleaa (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 6, 08 at 13:02

Apologies if I posted this earlier. I don't think I did.

I was recently SHOCKED to learn that most of our cosmetics, lotions, soaps, etc. have toxins that cause cancer and other diseases.

Even some "natural" products that claim to be nontoxic and safe! :0 Do a search--you will not believe what's in there!

Certain companies make these claims but they refuse to sign an agreement to remove the toxins from their products. Some of these toxins could be removed for pennies, and in fact, they do remove them for the versions of their same products overseas. Yet the US does not require them to remove the toxins, so they don't.

I've begun checking this database before I buy anything. I've decided to use up what I have and then try to get something less toxic. (Completely non-toxic is possible but difficult to find.) I'm giving priority to things that have the most exposure to my skin (ex.--lotion > mascara).

Check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Safe Cosmetics Database

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Check the safety of your cosmetics, soaps

I tend not to believe hype like this.I will take my chances,thanks.

o

I just spent some time checking out that website; it seems that all fragrances are toxic, they score 8 out of 10 for toxicity , at the very least. The site then links you to Amazon to buy those products, which I find a little weird.

I assume that the the toxicity of the products was tested under normal use, I did not see what they consider normal use on the site.

Do we store toxins absorbed by our skin, does our body break them down and release them.

I can understand that spraying cologne on yourself, you breathe some of it in; I'm more concerned with creams and things that are absorbed by the skin over time.

o

Cosmeticsinfo.org is the resource that I prefer to use.

Here is a link that might be useful: cosmeticsinfo.org

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here