Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need gloves! Painful arthritis/injury & cold makes it worse.

Posted by dldm1123 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 05 at 11:19

Don't know if this is the place to post but I'm looking for gloves that will keep my hands warm without sacrificing the ability to use them while the gloves are on. Can't wear big bulky ones b/c my I'm right-handed (which is where I recently fractured a bone by the wrist) & I can't even seem to write with big gloves on. I also have arthritis in both hands(finger joints) and an old boxer's fracture on my left. The cold with me being boney to say the least feels like it freezes both hands to the bones but this right hands is esp. painful. That one will shoot pain from my pinkie to halfway up my arm. Anyone know of any gloves that are thin yet efficient?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need gloves! Painful arthritis/injury & cold makes it worse.

I unfortunately can't attest to these yet, but my DH just ordered the heat saving gloves from Hammacher Schlemmer. His hands are always very, very cold recently, we don't know why. I'll report back after he receives them and tries them, but I don't know how long that will take. Good luck to you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hammacher Shlemmer

o

Thank you. Please do let me know how well they work for him. Ironic they always say "Cold hands, warm heart!", but this is a bit extreme.

o

You might want to check out the following gloves....
My husband wears them. The finger tips are out, letting you pick-up objects write, etc. My husband said that they keep his hands warm....even though the finger tips are out.

Joy

Here is a link that might be useful: Gloves

o

These are great for indoor use. I used to use them when I used a mouse all the time. They reduced the hand strain and pain enormously and kept my small thin hands warm.

Drugstore.com carries them. So does Amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Handeze gloves

o

Sorry for the reply delay, it's been a hectic holiday season. Thank you for the responses. I went to the Orthopedic MD last week & he scheduled an MRI to be done on the hand/wrist area. He saw no broken/fractured parts on the x-ray but he knows there's some kind of damage b/c my pinkie turns a bluish color and stays colder than the other fingers, not to mention somethings clicking in my hand whereas it shouldn't be. He's thinking carpel tunnell or damaged nerve. What a bummer! Well life goes on & I have 2 boys(6 year old & 20 months old)to love & care for. Thanks again for the help! Dana

o

Dana, good luck to you! The gloves from Hammacher Schlemmer were sent back - Ken wore them several times on his 3 mile daily walk and they're not any better than his regular gloves. So, he sent them back.

Woodie
(my old name of Woodie has disappeared, and Ann Barbara has replaced it, temporarily I hope!)

o

I'm told if you wear whatever gloves you find at during the hours you sleep it will help the arthritis in your hands. Good luck.

o

I second the hand-eze gloves. they're thin, but hold a surprisingly amount of heat right around the wrists where I need it most.

barring that, look in to tennis, biking, or weight-lifting gloves that have half-fingers. they tend to have good 'grip' for grabbing things, and don't get in the way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here