Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bare-Legs or Pantyhose?

Posted by alicia-a (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 26, 09 at 10:09

I work at as a secretary and while I don't always where skirts, I am never without hose. The women I work with have occasionally asked me how I can stand to wear them when they are so uncomfortable. I say that if they find the right size and brand that they will never feel uncomfortable again, in fact they will actually feel good. This brings me to the point, do you prefer Pantyhose or Bare-Legs and why?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bare-Legs or Pantyhose?

Most p-hose don't fit well, too long, too short, cutting in at the waist, icky color. Then they run and have to be replaced, which is an expense. I'm sure you are younger than I, but I remember wearing regular hose, girdles, garter belts--all that was so uncomfortable. That may also be why women of a certain age do not wear p-hose. We've suffered enough, thank you!! LOL!

Good for you finding some which do fit well. I'm sure you look very nice at work. I've seen female attorneys and women in fine women's wear stores wearing them, and I think they look well-dressed.

My legs really do not look good enough to go bare--veins, too pale, so I always wear pants to work. Haven't had a skirt on in sooo long.

o

I am at the age where I don't feel dressed up if I don't have pantyhose on.
In the Summer I will go bare legged. My legs still look ok - no broken veins.
On New Years, I will wear panty hose.

o

I work at a law firm and I cannot stand hose. I stopped wearing skirts about 20 years ago b/c I couldn't stand the way they made my legs feel. Plus they hold in sweat and are bad for the breathability of the skin. I also think they are aging. This is just my opinion, of course.

o

Alicia-a, you registered the same day you posted. You obviously found what works for you and don't intend to change your style. I don't see the point in hashing this out. Every two months a new person registers to discuss pantyhose. Just read the archived posts on this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here