Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Makeup for neck discoloration

Posted by graywings (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 26, 07 at 10:07

I have sun damaged skin on the sides of my neck, and then very light colored skin directly under my chin.

Are there any products or procedures that can repair the sun damage?

Any recommendations for foundation products to use on my neck that wouldn't instantly rub off on my clothing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Makeup for neck discoloration

don't know of a good make-up or cover cream, but you might check with a dermatologist about having 'permanent make-up' done.

A friend does permanent make-up, mostly brows & eyeliner, but she also works with a cosmetic surgeon who does restorative work for people who have birthmarks, burns, etc.

You might just check with a licensed technician, it might be less expensive, but be sure to look at her before & after photos & check with some of her previous clients;
permanent make-up is art as well as technology, & you need someone who's good at matching skin tones & so forth.

Best luck!

o

Thanks!

o

Permanent make-up is a great idea but it can be painful to have done, and expensive, and may take years to complete a large area.

Have you ever tried using Air Stockings or a similar product on the neck area that you say is discolored? It comes in an aerosol can in various hues and it has fairly heavy coverage and won't rub off easily onto clothing like face foundations do when you wear then on the neck. I have it for my legs for when I do not wear hose but don't want to look pale and veiny. Of course its not a ideal long term solution. They do make waterproof and rub proof face foundation make-up. Have you tried them and been disatisfied?

Unfortunately no product on the market can reverse sun damage, only make it less noticable.

*I was going to add a link to Air Stockings in a can but I see their domain is for sale and they are probably out of business. There might be a similar product though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here