Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
favorite scents part 3

Posted by mitchdesj (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 8, 06 at 7:13

I'm starting a new thread so it loads faster, the other 2 parts are still around if you search for them.

well now it's official, they are discontinuing my favorite scent Spring Fever by Origins; I can still order it online, they restrict the order to 4 bottles. I've stockpiled 8 bottles now and I'm thinking I should wean myself slowly. It's a light spritz so it does get used up pretty fast.
Lemony and herbal, I'm on the lookout for a new signature scent.
so far, only men's colognes have that lemony tang that I like.

any new finds we should sniff for ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: favorite scents part 3

I've tried looking for Spring Fever while out shopping but never found it. I copied everyones favorites from the past lists and went sniffing hoping to find something new. It was fun!

Recently I started wearing Soul by Curve by Liz and love it. It makes me very happy everytime I smell it. It's very youthful and florally which is what I like best.
I think I like Euphoria quite a bit too from a recent sniff, I may try that next.
I don't have lots of fragrances and it takes forever to find one I adore. But I do adore Soul.

o

Lately I've been liking
Origin's Fret Not (also discontinued and doesn't last long),
Garden Botanika's Heart (past thread favorite),
and Ungaro's Apparition.

o

I tried a new one at Neiman's last week: Escale Portofino by Dior,
light and fruity, I might be in love, would like to spray it again and wear it all day before I buy it.

I have a hard time with florals and too strong scents.

o

I LOVE the lemony scents but they do not last on me. I think I tried maybe Dolce and Gabbana Blue or something like that. Loved it, but it simply didn't last. I love rose scents and they don't last either. For example I like Stella McCartney's rose scent, but it just doesn't last.
I cannot find any scents I like. I like citrus and light floral--muget is my favorite. I used to like the smell of old, old, old Clairol Herbal Essence. (we're talking early 80's, not the carp they sell now). Everything out there nowdays is either vanilla, baby powder, musk or melon fruity, none of which I like in the least.

o

Lancome has a lemony cologne that is pretty long lasting; I seem to remember muguet notes in cacharel's Anais Anais.

Revisiting classic colognes might be a good thing for you,
stores tend to push the new ones.

o

My favorite citrus scents are from DKNY. They include Be Delicious, Delicious Night, and Red Delicious. They also come in round fruit looking bottles:)

Here is a link that might be useful: beauty fragrances

o

I just purchase Tommy Bahama's St. Bart. I love it! It has a lime smell along with other citrus.. Nice and light for the summer.

o

here we are 3 years later and they are still saying Spring Fever is going to be discontinued; there are only a few bottles at any time I stop by a store.

river, I'm going to get a sniff of st bart, I think I'd like it.
jbinkley, I'm going to try your picks also, yum.

o

I love love love Beautiful Gypsy by Haileys Dragonfly Garden. Its an all natural body site. Its has citrus and green tea and its great !

Here is a link that might be useful: haileys dragonfly garden perfume sprays

o

Bulgari White Tea eau de parfume........wonderful. found it at Nordstrom's.

o

Try Banana Republic the Classic one that's unisex...it's lemony/spicy.

o

I don't know if anyone on here is from the 70's era, but one of my favorite scents for summertime back then was a fragrance called 'Cool Spell'. I believe it was made by COTY, but I've done numerous searches and can't find any reference to this scent.

I was just out of school back then, but oh how I'd love to be able to experience that fresh clean scent again.
Anyone else remember this fragrance....or am I dreaming?

Janet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here