Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stretched out Stretch Jeans

Posted by livvysmom (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 18, 07 at 23:34

My SIL and niece told me I wear "Mom Jeans". So... I bought a pair of lower-riding boot cut jeans at JCP (St. John Bay brand). Size 8 fit great, too them home, washed them and wore them. About 6 hours later they began to get baggy. By the end of the day, I no longer had to unbutton them to pull my pants down. Tried re-washing, drying and wearing again. Same thing. I weigh 142lbs -- a size 8 should more than fit me. I finally took them back.

I tried on Levis 525 jeans and they seemed to fit great. Only problem was I was mopping up the floor when I walked.

Can anyone recommend any other jeans that do not stretch out too much when wearing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stretched out Stretch Jeans

Haha,No,but I can certainly relate to your problem!
I love the way my dark stretch jeans look on me,but by the end of the day,if I bend over,I have serious plumber butt because they are so stretched out they start to fall off too!
I think Levis may be the only jean I havent had this problem with.

o

I had the same problem. Also, for larger women wearing stretch jeans, I think it is the wrong way to go. They just accentuate the negatives if you have any:)).

I love my Gap 1969 low rise (not too low - told the guy I am a bit older now, and I don't want my a$$ hanging out). I would recommend going in and trying on a few pair. The Gap now has a line just for women. They are the best fitting jeans I have worn in a long time.

o

Jeans should fit extra tight when you buy them, to counteract the subsequent sagging.

o

I was told by the Gap salesperson that one should buy jeans 2 sizes smaller, so they will not get baggy. I loved the Gap fit but they were about 3 in. too long (and I'm 5'7"). Tried other brands and I found going from a sz 8 to a sz 4 (they actually did fit) made the jeans too short. So I settled for sz 6 in Lee's. Very nice fit and has a tummy panel as well.

o

Bedelia, where did you buy the Lee's jeans?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here