Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
falling out eyelash

Posted by tonyterri (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 07 at 23:30

what causes eyelash to fall out - i use eye curler - is it the curler or the mascara - i use maybelline products - my lashes use to full now very thin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: falling out eyelash

Eye lash curlers can do it.Because they basicly PULL on the lashes and cuz them to fall out.Just like if you pulled the hair on your head everyday,eventually it would fall out.
Also,wearing waterproof mascara ALL THE TIME can do it too.

o

Hair thins as we get older and that includes eyelashes.

Is the problem severe? It could be a medical condidtion that can be treated. Have it checked out.

Mascara and eyelash curlers are not a good idea to use either.

o

the curler definately puts strain on your lashes...and most of the lengthening, plumping, volumizing, and particularly the waterproof mascaras...well, would you use that stuff on your HAIR? really? on a daily basis?

keeping them curled and mascara'd, it's entirely possible that you've lost all perspective on what your 'natural' lashes looked like before you started the daily regimen of two coats of 'lash attack'.

the only way to know, really - is to go cold turkey. maybe for New Year's. maybe a lash 'tint' if you're particularly fair, but try it for a month, and you will do yourself two favors - you will give your lashes a chance to catch up with their growth cycle, and give YOU a chance to reaquaint yourself with what your eyes actually look like.

take before and after pictures - the camera has a much better memory than your naked eyes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here