Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hair Hilighted Problem

Posted by carla35 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 6, 08 at 23:03

Hey, I got my hair hilighted and I thought I stressed that I wanted it to appear significantly lighter. I even brought pictures. Well, I get home and although there are some hi-lights, my hair appears darker especially in the front where I thought I stressed I wanted it lighter. I am very disappointed.

Should I call and see what the hair dresser can do? She did put a bunch of hi and low lights on my hair so I'm not even sure it can be processed again with hi-lights so soon. Does anyone know if it can be corrected easily? I kinda feel bad complaining, but I paid enough that I would like to at least be somewhat happy with it. It's like she really didn't listen to me. And, if she does correct it, will I need to pay her more - should I tip again? What is your experience with this kind of stuff?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hair Hilighted Problem

My hairdresser would fix it no charge. Since you brought photos and were very specific I think she should fix it for no charge.

Wondering, did she use foils or papers or pull hair through a cap? I think using foils or papers allow the stylist to be more precise than the cap method.

o
RE: Hair Hilighted Problem

She used foils but I think she did thinner sections than I wanted and so it turned out darker and more subtle than I had asked for.

I called and she seemed nice and is planning on adding some lighter tones (or something). I'm guessing she won't try to charge me more; I guess I'll find out. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here