Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find a sunhat in November in Chicago?

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 21:16

OK, it's mid-November in Chicago, and I need a sunhat for a trip to the desert! Where do I find one at this time of year? Anyone know of stores/chains that might have them now? I don't want to order online because I really need to try it on; I look terrible in most hats. I'm in the northwest suburbs. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find a sunhat in November in Chicago?

Have you tried "Everything But Water" in the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg? It's a bathing suit store, I don't know if they have hats, but they might be able to direct you to a store that does. There are always a lot of people that vacation in warm climates this time of year; there's gotta be sunhats somewhere.

I haven't been to Macy's yet, but you could call them.

o

Are nurseries still open? (Sorry, I'm a CA girl and don't know what nurseries in Chicago do in the winter!!) If they are still open, they might have some hats. Or you could just get one when you get to your desert destination.

o

I did think of waiting til I get there, but don't want to waste valuable vacation time. Nurseries in Chicago are either closed or just selling houseplants now. Ramrice, I will check out those other stores and give them a call. Thanks!

o

Try Goodwill or Salvation Army stores

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here