Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best 'wet look' shadow for lids of a certain age?.?...

Posted by ocbird (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 6, 03 at 19:47

I love the shimmery "wet" look of certain eyeshadows, but don't want anything that will make my lids look crepey.

I've found Mac has some decent cream shadows, but i'd like to find something more sheer.

Any suggestions? Has anyone tried the Rimmel shine shadows?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best 'wet look' shadow for lids of a certain age?.?...

I find a mat cream shadow more flattering for most age groups; Guerlain has little pots of cream shadow that I love; they are pricey though and I'm certain they can be found in cheaper makes. Applied with a small flat brush, they are easy to work with and seem to not accentuate the effects of aging.....

o

ocbird-

I love a soft shimmery look too, especially when I'm going out for the evening. I have trouble finding creme shadows that don't end up in the creases of my eyelids though. I'm wondering if there is something that can be applied to the lids before a creme shadow that will stop the creasing? The foundation trick doesn't seem to work for me on anything other than powder shadows.

(Btw.. I need help from my fellow forumers. I've been a member for a while now, but didn't subcribe at first when the forum became pay-only. I can't remember if there is a way to go in and edit posts once they're posted? Thanks in advance for any advice given!)

o

Sass, unfortunately this forum doesn't allow edits, I wish they would sometimes. Homeportfolio has that feature and it's nice.

o

I think for "mature" skin matte is usually more flattering. The shine also highlights imperfections and looks better on youthful skin. This was my observation doing facials/makeup in the past.

o

Well shoot! mitchdesj, I could sit and preview my posts all day long, and then as soon as I post it I find a typo I missed. Why is it cute when someone else typos, but it's so annoying when I do it? LOL!

ocbird- My daughter has used the Rimmel shine shadows and they look very pretty on her. I haven't tried them myself yet. They do have some very pretty colors. :)

o

Sass, I think we all get used to the typos on thathomesite; over time, you hardly notice them....
At the cooking forum, the most memorable one was in the title of a thread, someone posted: puppy seeds instead of poppy seeds;
everyone still remembers that one.

o

LMAO! I want some puppy seeds!

o

It's just like paint. Flat paint covers imperfections.

o

Keeping eye shadow where you put it and avoiding creases--my daughter swears by Bobby Brown's base for eye make up. Says everyone asks how she keeps it from making lines or disappearing. I have used Eye Fix from Elizabeth Arden -- I like her Lip Fix too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here