Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nice brown mascara

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 18, 07 at 19:13

Does anyone know of a nice brown (NOT brown-black) mascara that goes on nice and doesn't clump? I've been using a brand for years that can only be purchased by mail order, and I'd like to find a good brand that I can buy locally.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nice brown mascara

Covergirl Professional all-in-one mascara comes in brown and it does not clump. I actually use it as brow gel, it is a very nice medium brown. I also have used the black on my lashes and it worked really well.

o

Thank you! I'll check that out.

o

There are lots of brands of brown mascara. Just go to the drugstore and go up and down the aisle and read the lables lok for the word "brown" on the package) OR go to a department store and ask for "brown mascara", and they will bring them out for you to look at.

High end cosmetic companies also make mascara in deep dark colors other than brown. They softer and are not as harsh as black mascara, and are not bright colors either like that horrible blue mascara that Maybelline makes. Both Channel and Lancome make mascara in deep brownish plum, and deep, almost brown, forest green, charcoal gray, ect. Just something to consider when shopping......

o

Yes, I've seen brown mascaras... I want specific recommendations, not just whether or not they exist. I don't like to waste money on experiments so if there is one that is often recommended, I'll try it. I just want plain ol' brown mascara, not any other color and not black.

o

Max Factor's 2000 calorie in "Auburn". It looks reddish, but goes on brown. Very natural looking, but it may be sold under another name now, MF has revamped alot of their products. Still, the colors are the same, and most likely so are the formulas. I'd just choose one of their thickening mascaras in the auburn color. Approx $6 or $7 at Walmart type stores.

o

Laura Mercier has a beautiful brown, I love it.

o

:) Max's new 'precision' applicator (the punky-looking rubber ones) comes in a brown, and it's actually knocked Lamcome out of the top spot (two of the three indulgences in my life were Lancome's 'lash out' and their 'artliner' pens)

o

E.L.F - available online and at KMart or Big Lots - and it's only $1.I have to watch it with my sensitive eyes, but I've had no problems. And it is dual end -regular or waterproof

o

I have traveled the aisles looking for brown mascara and have not seen any in a long time. I also want a nice brown that does not clump together. I tried the black/brown Cover Girl mascara and the one I bought was clumpy so much so that when I cleaned my face it came off in clumps. I will try some of the ones mentioned because I don't want to mail order but will if I have to. i want it THAT bad.

o

I'm in love with Lashblast by Covergirl, but I think it only comes in black-brown. Makes my lashes so thick and full. But any mascara will clump if you don't apply it properly. You need to wipe the excess off the wand before applying. I use a little piece of saranwrap to wipe off the excess, then when I go back for a second coat, I can use the masacara on the saran wrap instead of dipping back in the tube. That way I don't waste any.

o

Did Jenn who posted the question re: nice brown mascara ever find a brand to suit her? I have yet to find any. I am a fading redhead and 77 years old and feel that brown-black is too harsh. Years ago Elizabeth Arden put out a beige-brown that was perfect. As a teen, I started out with Maybelline's sable brown. Would that they had that color now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here