Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Earrings

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 4, 05 at 18:49

Anyone else here have allergies to pierced earrings, needing to wear just 14K or 18K gold? I have just stuck with gold earrings for years because others are so irritating, but I was wondering about sterling silver. Anyone with allergies to earrings have experience with sterling silver earrings?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Earrings

I'm allergic to anything that's not gold. I can wear very light sterling earrings with thin wires for an evening, but still get a little itchy. If you want the silver color, you can get a lot of earrings in white gold.

o

I can only wear 14kt or higher. I tried those so-called hypoallergenic steel posts, they are no good for me. i have two friends who sometimes give me costume jewelry. I just throw it out after they leave. Hate those itchy infections.

o

Only 14K for me or I get itchy too. I do have a few pairs of sterling silver with turquoise earrings as souvenirs from several trips to Colorado and New Mexico and I wear them occasionally and it doesn't bother me, but I don't wear them for any real length of time.

o

I got a Simply Whispers catalog. They have allergy free earrings. I had a pair years ago which worked for me, now I'm thinking of ordering a few more. Anyone else try these?

o

I looked at their catalog a year ago, but they are not that attractive or stylish to me. I do not like wild earrings, but their styles looked boring.

o

14 K here.....but certain of the surgical steel earrings are fine....it depends on what the earring that lies next to your ear is made of...
But also, sterling is fine with me...
Part of the secret it, keep them clean.....and keep makeup and hair spray off your ears.....so you don't introduce it to the holes in your ears.
Linda C

o

I loved wearing earrings until sometime in my late 30s when I developed allergies. Nothing worked after that ... not 14K, not surgical steel, or Simply Whispers. I can't even where clip-ons without major itching and redness.

o

Well, HanArt, on life's scale of problems, I guess not being able to wear earrings doesn't really rank too high, does it? But it is too bad. Sorry!

I enjoyed looking at your webpage and wonderful art. You must be very busy with the book tours and signings right now. How did the wetlands fare in the hurricane?

o

socks, unfortunately I don't have an ounce of creative talent unless you count gardening. LOL

I've linked to the Marsh Mission, because it's a cause I feel strongly about and one that can't be ignored ... especially with the recent losses from Katrina & Rita. Assessments are still being made, but in southeastern coastal marshes alone, at least 100 square miles have been turned into open water. Scientists are equating that loss to decades (40-50 years) of normal loss.

o

HanArt, sorry, I thought you were one of the artists producing the book! It's a worthy organization, I'm sure.

It's a terrible loss of the wetlands, but if it stays that way, other sea and plant life will move into those areas that are in deep water now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here