Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What jacket to wear with cocktail dress?

Posted by purpleaa (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 1, 08 at 17:34

I have a heavenly sleeveless satin teal-colored cocktail dress. Heavenly, except it's sleeveless, and I've got troubles with being cold. The fabric is a shiny satin.

I have a nice black suit jacket that has a fancy button. The fabric of the jacket is appropriate for dressy business attire. It's a matte sort of fabric, all black.

Wondering if these two things sound like they go together, because of the fabrics? I'm thinking they do, just wanted some other opinions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What jacket to wear with cocktail dress?

Hummmm... I not thinking they go together, but without seeing them I guess it's hard to say. Generally I wouldn't think a buttoned suit type jacket would go with satin cocktail dress. I'm thinking a shawl type thing may work better or even a little fancy black sweater with some beeding.

Can you find/post a similar type dress and jacket just so we can picture what your talking about. I would hate to mislead you; they could look great together.

o
RE: What jacket to wear with cocktail dress?

Thanks for your response.

The shapes of both pieces look great together. It is the fabric I'm worried about. Unfortunately the photographs do not show the fabric types well. All I can say is the dress is as shiny as satin gets (not iridescent like taffeta, but very shiny), and the jacket is about as matte as it gets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here