Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perfume question

Posted by inchworminjersey (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 7, 03 at 16:06

I've been going crazy trying to find a light floral scent that doesn't seem to bother people when you are in a crowd. Some perfumes seem to have an undertone that can be really irritating to some people's sinuses. Any suggestions of things to look for...Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perfume question

The one linked below is very light and fresh smelling. I can't tell you how many compliments I get on it...including from complete strangers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heart

o

weed, I have yet to try yours but intend to eventually.
One floral perfume I used to wear years ago is Anais Anais from Cacharel, it's very soft and not overpowering. L'Air du Temps de Nina Ricci is also a classic soft scent...

o

mitch, you can get a sample pack for $7.50 if you email them about it. If shipping is outrageous, and you really want it, I can order it and mail it myself for less.

o

Weed, I ordered Heart,, hope I like it, didn't know they have a sample pack. Also like Miracle body mist by Lancome, and love the new Blue by Lauren, but it's so light it's gone in an hour.

o

Dragonfly, I caved and bought the scented Blue lotion. I don't often find scents I like, and I just love it. During the time I was testing it, I got 6 spray samples. Then when I bought the lotion/perfume combo I got a small sample bottle. I'm going to sell them on eBay to help underwrite the cost ;) Seriously - these things sell!

If you end up not liking Heart, email me and I'll buy what's left. Even when I have other scents around, I still use Heart regularly.

o

I love Heart also. Ohhh how I miss Love's Musky Jazmin scent... even trusty e-bay doesn't have it.

o

Nelson/bach and Aura Cacia both make essential oils that I LOVE...and I have noticed that natural scents are much less likely to freak out the sensitive (mints and the heavy florals like rose and jasmin seem to be exceptions- some people are specifically allergic to roses, and nothing else, it seems)

Hove perfumier in New Orleans also makes wonderful blends and single-note fragrances that come both in cologne form and in a solid (beeswax and jojoba) that lasts FOREVER on my skin.

o

You might try Lancome's Tresor. It has a base of peach tones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here