Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Boot advice needed!!

Posted by homey_bird (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 16:04

Hi,
I am new to buying boots. For some reason, tall or semi-tall boots have never looked good on me! I have slim legs, slim calves and thin ankles, and most boots look ill-fitting on me.

I live in SF Bay, and weather here is kind enough for me to go wearing my regular shoes even in winter. However, lately, I've noticed that we venture out a few times during winter (walk in the park with kids etc. or ski vacation) -- and during those times not wearing nice boots kills me.

So I am in the market for mid-calf boots.

I'm past fashionista stage in life. I need low heel or flat boots that are comfortable. UGG's are a strong candidate though I did not like how they made my legs look, but they are comfortable. Before I take the plunge, I want to check if anyone here has any style advice/brand suggestions for pretty and comfortable boots.

My price point is ~$250.00, although I do not mind buying less expensive ones. :-), Also, chances are these are the ones I will wear for the rest of my life through winters, so I want to make sure these will be a right choice.

Thanks in advance!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Boot advice needed!!

Zappos has an option to sort their boot selection by narrow calf. Also, a shoe repair guy can cut the calf of a boot down sometimes. My favorite boot brand in your price range is Frye (though some of their styles are more expensive). Another brand I really like is Miz Mooz.

I hate the standard Ugg style boots. They just look so sloppy to me. But the Ugg brand makes some styles that are cute and not at all like 'Ugg' boots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here