SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momcat2000_gw

Are you a 'High Maintenance' woman?

momcat2000
17 years ago

Last summer I had my FIRST petticure! What a great experience. The shop was full of ladies having their nails done and chatting it up. After I had the petticure and my toes were drying, I started up a conversation with, what looked to be, a very pretty, well maintained black woman. She had beatiful hair, skin, nails, the whole package. This being my first time in a nail salon, I asked her how many times a month does she have her nails done. She said she has her nails done every 2 weeks.(I hope I wasn't being a pest and that she was taking all this as a complement)

Wow, el-cheapo me is thinking 'now 30 bucks a pop including tip, 26 times a year - Yikes! I didn't ask if she ever considered doing her nails at home to save money but the thought instantly crossed my mind.

There were some clericals at my last job who must of had spent hours corn-rowing, extending and straightening their hair. I get my hair cut twice a year if I'm lucky.

These women look great but I'm sure it takes alot of money and time. Even when I was in college and didn't have to worry about how much time it took, i still did my nails myself to cut costs, and had a very simple hairstyle that got trimmed once a year.

Facials, hair color and perms, waxing, nails, workouts, demibrasions, peels, tanning, the list goes on. How high maintenance are you?

I give myself a petticure once every 3 months, hair cut twice a year, I'm going to start doing my nails again, sunblocks, moisturisers, makeup, vitamins, self tanner, tweezing, exercise and hair removal takes alot out of me and I know women who do a whole lot more.

What are some things on your monthly, weekly or yearly 'maintenance schedule?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations