Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter hat style advice

Posted by schoolbelle (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 18, 09 at 10:18

Winter is about to hit in Ohio and as usual I'm on a quest for a warm yet becoming winter hat.

I'm mid-50s, petite, very short hair, and wear glasses. Most of what I'm seeing looks rather ridiculous on me. Beanies and ski caps are warm but with no hair to hang out the back, sides, or front, make me look like an egg wearing glasses. The ones that don't fit close to the head look too big for my frame and aren't warm.

Any suggestions for a style to try?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter hat style advice

I can't wear beanies either. Or hoods. Try a fedora style with a smallish brim.

o

Cloche style? I have worn my hair short and that style has worked well for me. If I am not mistaken, I bought mine from LL Bean quite a few years ago.

I am not sure how to copy a picture from the web, but if you Google cloche hats and hit images at the top left hand corner, it will display pictures of the various cloche hats.

o

Oh My, there really is a hat wasteland out there right now.
I just looked.
Here is a Cloche at Nordstroms.

sheshe

Here is a link that might be useful: Nordstroms cloche hat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here