Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hairdresser trying to get rid of me?

Posted by seniorgal (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 20, 08 at 21:51

I have been going to this hairdresser for some time and have been mainly dissatisfied. It is getting worse. Here are some samples: Three times in the past month I have left with a sopping wet shirt because she won't adjust the shampoo chair. ( I am tall; she is short.)

I asked if she could cut my hair at the next weekly appointment. Her answer: "If I have time."

After a shampoo water was running down my face. I asked for a towel. She answered that I should just hold my head back.

I have begged for a more thorough shampoo as I have very thick hair. She takes about two minutes, start to finish. She puts my hair in rollers which I agreed to because neither she nor another operator in the same salon could do a blow dry that would last.

Sometimes she turns off the dryer before my hair is dry. Everything seems to have to be adjusted to her schedule.

Why do I stay? I dread trying to find another hairdresser. There is one I would like but he works right next to her. Too awkward.

Any suggestions for finding someone better?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hairdresser trying to get rid of me?

Ask around to friends who live in the area. I found a DREAM salon by asking a local girl when I came to a new community. Everyone there is excellent, it's not overpriced, wonderful atmosphere and I always look and feel great when I leave. Ask someone who knows your community for a recommendation. Don't put up with such poor service, there are a gazillin salons out there to choose from. But yes, I know, finding a good one sometimes seems like searching for a needle in a haystack. But the best places I have found have always been on the recommendation of women who had great looking hair.

o

I can't believe you haven't left already. Why would you dread trying someone new when you already dread going to the one you have?

Run, don't walk, away from this lazy hairdresser.

o

I wouldn't go back to her ever again. There's no excuse for treating a client that way, ever.

o

Run away!

Ask the next person you see with great hair who has hair like yours and get the name of the stylist.

o

seniorgal , the way she is treating you is really terrible. I would have left her after the first offense. I found my best hairdresser by asking someone whose haircut I really liked where they went. Now I'm in the same boat as you again, my gal moved to Utah last month. She did recommend someone she thought would follow the cut she has been giving me...we shall see.

Anyway, if you think you would like the guy that has the chair next to her...make an appointment with him. She doesn't seem to have much regard for your feelings so why care? That's what I'd do.

o

I've found good hairdressers by asking strangers "Who did their hair?"

I switched hairdressers once to another in the same salon. I felt funny every time I went in and I did not want to cause problems between the two of them. They were both really nice guys.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here