Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you store makeup that comes in jars?

Posted by lov2garden (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 6, 08 at 18:02

I do love mineral makeup and have collected quite a few jars. I also use other makeup that comes in small jars. It seems my makeup bag is useless for jars. It's harder to find the color I want than it is to find the keys in my handbag. In fact, that's what it reminds me of! I tried stacking them on shelves but it didn't work too well. Right now I've got the ones I use most often in a small clear plastic box but I still have to dump them all out and put them all back everyday.

How do you store your makeup jars?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you store makeup that comes in jars?

Could you get a wide, flat box, not too high, and spread them out in the box? That way maybe you wouldn't have to dump them out. You might need to put labels on the tops of the jars.

The medicine cabinet doesn't work? Do you have a drawer?

o

"How do you store your makeup jars?"

On a shelf.

I don't know why that doesn't work for you. Explain please.

I also have all the stuff I use often in a Caboodles cosmetics case. I switch things out with the seasons. It is always ready for travel too. Caboodles cases are cheap and made of durable washable plastic.

How much stuff do you have? Maybe you should pare down. Or maybe get a cosmentics train case to be super organized.

Here is a link that might be useful: Huge Cosmetic Case

o

I've got about 4-9 of each size jar. If I stack them, the one I want always seems to be on the bottom. I don't have enough to need a big case. My 1970's no-nonsense bathroom has a tiny medicine cabinet, no drawers (yet-I always dream of remodeling)and just a set of small open shelves on the wall.

I'll try the box idea socks AND only keep this season's makeup in it, dillydally. Thanks for the quick answers!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here