Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie. Home bleaching

Posted by mirilla (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 23, 10 at 15:52

Hello :) My 61-year old sister has short, thinnish hair. Periodically she spends $80 having it lightened, cringing every time. How much happier she'd be could most of those monies go to animal rescue! Is one able to safely bleach the roots at home, and if so, which product(s) are best and safest? I dye and refresh my own roots periodically but use L'Oreal Preference . . . which, surely, is different from bleaching -- right? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie. Home bleaching

I did my own bleached blonde for several years. I used Wella Wellite lightener with a 20 volume developer, but there are other lighteners which also work well. These items, and other tools needed, are available at Sally Beauty.

I could give more details, but there are web forums that discuss do-it yourself blonding which are very helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here