Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beads in beard, mustache wax?

Posted by Clare (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 21, 04 at 13:12

I want to cornrow beads into someone's beard, but need to use something dense and sticky to make the hairs stick together. Otherwise, I don't think I can thread the beads on. Is there something better than mustache wax I could use? Products like bergamot petroleum jelly are not sticky enough for this beard. And ideally it would be something that would wash out.

Ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beads in beard, mustache wax?

Curious minds need to know......why does this person with a beard want beaded corn rows? Is it for an occasion? Don't want to offend, just very curious and trying to get a picture in my mind, I just find it an interesting concept.

o

You might try dreads and braiding forums.

o

:) what, you don't think that Captian Jack Sparrow used anything but natural walrus blubber, do you?

what you're looking for is a 'wax' pomade. everyone makes them, nowadays- got2B, paul mitchel, LA looks... they come in tins, and do a pretty good job of it, though they can be a pest to get out.

honestly- if his beard's unruly enough that you're having problems- I'd consider getting a fake one, beading that, and applying it over his shaven face ;)

(but then, I can get my own hairy-scary to do things like that. then again- my hairy-scary can braid and bead his own hair ;)

o

Walrus blubber, of course! What was I thinking?!

Woodie, no occasion, just everyday life.

Chinacat, I like your sense of humor. I looked at some of the waxy products in the store, but was waiting to hear back from someone here before trying one. Guess I'll go ahead and grab one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here