Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Minerals From the Dead Sea

Posted by lili17021973 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 07 at 11:43

My friend told me about very good results to her skin after she used More Minerals face moisturizing day cream.
(www.moredeadsea.com)
I dont see the influences she talked about.
What do you think? Maybe I have to wait some more time?
Do you believe in the good influences of the minerals from the Dead Sea in Israel?
I would like to hear reactions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Minerals From the Dead Sea

I only see a difference in my skin after I've had a deep cleaning and exfoliating, to remove the dead skin that accumulates; then it's clearer looking.

Otherwise, a good moisturizer will hydrate the skin but there's no noticeable difference. I don't believe in any better influence from the dead sea minerals; I used to use Ahava body cream, they also use dead sea minerals, it was good but no better than other body creams.

o

I occasionally use a moisturizer made by Ahava, which is supposed to contain minerals from the Dead Sea. I like it. Not greasy, it does seem to work. No miracles, though. Actually I would like to find more Ahava products where I live, but the moisturizer was all I could find at TJMaxx. One of the ladies I work with did rant and rave about them when she returned from a trip to the Holy Land. Hope to find the entire line one day soon, 'cause I'd really like to try them. Having tried the moisturizer only,I don't think I can give a good personal review of the products.

o

funnily enough, I was at Winner's today ( canadian equivalent of TJMax) and they had all sorts of Ahava products; I picked up the body scrub and lotion also, half price. There is a store in west palm beach at City Place that sells Ahava products; but if the products are at the discounters, maybe the distribution was dropped.

o

mitchdesj, I hope you will tell us what you think of them. As I said, the person who tried them had nothing but praise for the products.
I also wonder if there are some legal issues as I recently read something about a litigation between Ahava in Israel and the US importer/distributors. Perhaps, they ARE dropping their distribution because of this?

o

The Ahava products are fine; no better no worse than other quality products, I did the scrub and moisturizer combo a few times and was happy with the results. The fact that there are dead sea salts in them showed no differently than other scrubs and moisturizers I've used in the past that were based on other ingredients.

I think any beauty routine done diligently with average products will yield good results, I never expect a miracle from a certain ingredient.

o

The Adovia products are good; and better priced than other quality products, I used the Dead Sea mud a few times and the results were great every time. I actually felt great and my skin was supple. Definitely worth a look at www.deadseaproductsreview.net

Here is a link that might be useful: Dead Sea Products Review

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here