Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what do you keep your jewelry in?

Posted by creamgogo (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 25, 06 at 11:02

i'm tired of unknotting my chains and digging to find the mate to an earring. i've heard ice cube trays work, but what the heck do you do with a stack of those? lmk, please, aa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what do you keep your jewelry in?

I use 3 jewelry boxes and it is confusing and difficult to find things. And if you cannot find things, they don't get worn, so what's the point of having jewelry then?

Bed, Bath & Beyond has some flat trays (similar to ice cube trays), maybe 7x9 inches. They can stack and hold quite a few earrings. I think it's important to store jewelry carefully or it gets beat-up bumping against other pieces. Even if it's cheap stuff, might as well try to keep it looking good.

Also QVC has some nice ones, the Lori Greiner boxes. Sometimes they come up on ebay. I'll be interested to hear what others do.

o

My necklaces & bracelets hang on small hooks in a bulletin board (actually two BBs) hanging in my closet. I made an earring holder by attaching window screening to a picture frame.

These solutions are so much better than what I had before, which was pretty much what creamgogo described.

However, it's still not ideal. Silver jewelry should be stored inside a small ziploc, that's what the silver jewelry sellers keep telling me. And I wish I had it all in one (well lit!) spot where I could see it all at the same time.

My current dream is to have something like a map drawer - you know, a very narrow (in height) drawer, but one that is actually large & wide, into which I can put dividers. That would make things so much easier to organize.

For example, I want to be able to store matching jewelery sets (earrings/bracelet/necklace) together; like colors together, etc. I thought the map drawers idea would work great, but the problem is, those things aren't cheap! And I just can't justify spending several hundred $$ to store my costume jewelry in, even though, as you may have guessed, I do have a lot of it.

o

I am in the process of lining several drawers in my vanity with Pacific Silvercloth. It's the material used in lining sterling flatware boxes. This way, I'll be able to lay my sterling out in it and not worry about tarnishing. I'm also making a "cover" to lay on top of everything while the drawer is closed. I have mostly sterling so this works for me.

My drawers in the vanity are ideal because they are about 12" wide and shallow.

All my other jewelry is in trays in drawers or in a jewelry roll that has plastic compartments.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here