Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Between the Toe' Sandals--'End-of-he-Trail' or 'Still Stylish'?

Posted by rosewest (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 3, 06 at 10:43

I'm investing in some good quality sandals at end-of-the-year close-out prices!!! I only do this every several years so I'd like to invest in some shoes with longevity, not only as far as wear, but with classic style, too. I'd like your opinions on longevity of the "thong" style sandal as opposed to just plain old open toe, open heel strappy type casual sandals. Do you think the "between the toe" style will be around and in fasion for a few more years or do you think they're at the end of the trail, so to speak? And while we're at it---what do you think about the capri pant? A fasion "yesterday" or are they at the tail-end of a trend???!!! TIA for you advice!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Between the Toe' Sandals--'End-of-he-Trail' or 'Still Stylis

I'm no authority by a long shot; however, I did see the Berkenstock lady showing thong style Berkenstocks on QVC just a few weeks ago.
Personally I think the capri pants are the bees knees☺
Tons of the gals at the school where I work wear them all the time.

Again, I'm no authority but I think I share the feeling of many others in that, if it looks good on me and I feel good wearing it, and I get lots of compliments...I'm gonna wear it!

o
RE: 'Between the Toe' Sandals--'End-of-he-Trail' or 'Still Stylis

Like Suelahoo I'm no authority either, but I do think thong-type sandals have been around for a long time and will always be worn. I do consider them a more casual type sandal though.

I like the crop pants, capris and all those shorter lengths. They work especially well when you don't want to wear shorts or long pants. I work in a school too and lots of the people there wear them. I have a feeling that type of pants will be around for some time to come also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here