Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bare Minerals question

Posted by hilltop (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 05 at 10:09

When you indicate it takes longer to apply this versus traditional foundation and makeup--why and how much longer? Will a purchase of Bare Minerals last as long as say a purchase of another liquid foundation product so that cost is comparable for use?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bare Minerals question

I don't think it takes longer to apply. You are putting it on a brush and brushing it on your face - it's fast. It comes in different sizes. I think it's comparable in volume/use to a liquid.

o

It doesn't take longer for me. It's fast and super easy. I get my makeup on in only a couple of minutes, if even that. For me, Bare Minerals does seem to last about as long as liquid foundation -- maybe even a little bit longer. I just love it!

o

It actually takes less time for me to apply this than it did a liquid foundation. I would say I get a few more uses from a standard sized Bare Minerals than I would out of my normal bottle of foundation.

o

I find applying Bare Minerals to be faster than a liquid or cream, because the blending is easier (for me anyway). You don't have to worry so much about blending the area from your face to your neck, there's not really a definite "line" where the makeup on your face ends and your natural skin on your neck starts. I also feel that it lasts the same length of time as a bottle or tube of liquid or cream.

Have you tried it yet?

o

I want to try it. Where is the cheapest place to purchase it....from TV ad or online? thanks.

o

Sorry bluelou, I don't really know about the prices. I bought it from the Sephora store because I wanted to see it and try it in person before I bought it, and then I went back to the store also for my second jar because I decided to change colors - I went one shade darker and I'm really happy with the change. It is $25 at Sephora.

P.S. Bluelou - check out the craft forum, I saw your poem and asked my buddies on the cooking forum for some ideas.

o

The best place I've found to order Bare Minerals is Medi-SpaStore.com They have free shipping over $25, and if you use the coupon code beaddicts they have 20% off this weekend on Bare Escentuals products.

o

I agree with Terriks, that's where I get mine. I signed up for their email. I wait for the 20% off, it's at least once a month....with free shipping, it's great.

Joy

o

I ordered the "fairly light" and find it's a bit too light and too yellow for me, so I'm going to go to Sephora and try another in person. If you can go and try it first, I recommend that.

o

Try mineralbasics.com I don't know how to post a link. I've been using their makeup for about a year. They have lots of colors and it's much cheaper.

Nancy

o

This site makes it pretty easy to post a link. Just cut and paste the URL into the "Optional Link URL" box at the bottom of the page, then type in a name in the "Name of the Link" box. No HTML skills required.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here