Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Underpants

Posted by carrieb (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 20, 07 at 7:24

This is a serious question, though I know that it sounds like it's coming from some creepy guy pretending to have a serious question...

All of my life, I've been annoyed by underwear that won't stay in place properly. I have a flat-ish butt, and my underpants always ride up, giving me a wedgie. I don't have a nice bubble butt that effectively holds my underwear in place. All throghout the day, and especially while excersizing, I feel the need to pick at my underpants. Embarrassing!

I started out by wearing Hanes Her Way, moved on to Jockey, and then tried Victoria's Secret. The issue remains the same.

A friend recommended wearing thongs, but I'm afraid that the thong would be really annoying to me, since having underwear riding up my butt is already irritating to me. What do you think?

So... do you have name brands that I should try? I've heard of old fashioned stores where old ladies measure your chest to get you the perfect bra, do that do that for underwear, too?

Thanks, CarrieB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Underpants

Have you tried the boy shorts undies that are popular now?

Here is a link that might be useful: Hanes Boy Shorts for Women

o

My suggestions would be Hanes Her Way Hipsters, fairly inexpensive and the cut stays in place very well, or Victoria's Secret Rio Brief, these are mid rise with a high cut leg, thick elastic waist band (string style but the elastic is about 1 1/2" wide), full cut rear, and some stretch. The Rio briefs do not move, ever! I love them, but they are only available on the Internet now. They were just on sale for 5 pairs for $25.00, but shipping is another $6.00. If you don't mind paying that much for underpants, they are definitely the best for staying in place.

o

Carrie, and anyone else who may be interested, there's a new garment available that completely eliminates shifting, bunching, and wedging. It ABSOLUTELY stays in place. It's called the Pert backless brief and has been on the market for a few years. Check out the link below to read all about it. While the design is far from conventional, the concept is genius. I've tried the men's brief and, admittedly was a little skeptical at first, but was surprised at how comfortable the garment actually is. It stayed in place and I tried my level best to wriggle out of it. This may just revolutionize the underwear industry.

Rotny

Here is a link that might be useful: Pert

o

Rotny, those are just strange. I get uncomfortable just looking at them! Also, I'd never be wearing anything that would require so little in the way of an undergarment anyway.

o

be careful while choosing your underwear, cause it tels something about you "]]] I liked this article, it kind of changed my attitude to underwear: http://www.jurgita.com/articles-id2159.html

o

Kamerita, does this matter if no one else ever sees your skivvies? ;)

o

~laughing~ and all I was looking for were underpants that don't ride up my butt...

o

Barnmom, your reaction isn't uncommon. LOL Hey, I just read the article from Jurgita and, though entertaining, it was way off base. The writeup suggests men who wear thongs are either strippers or essentially perverts - neither of which I am; and I wear thongs often. There were many MANY broad assumptions, of men AND women, that were simply unfounded. Not quite sure where they got their information.
Any way - Carrie, there are an excellent assortment of briefs, bikinis, hipsters...to chose from. Some ride more than others but they all ride to a degree. Before the advent of the thong, we were all expert wedgie extractors. The thong takes the "if you can't beat 'em..." approach and goes on an intentional ride. If you're cool with that, problem solved and you all but eliminate lines to boot. And then there's this latest offering from Pert which takes efficiency to an all new level. Of course there's the option of going without but it doesn't seem folks are too keen on that at all.
Well.....good luck. And let us know what you come up with.

Rotny

o

Carrie, have you tried Barely There? I'm curvier in that area than your description of yourself, but 'no ride up' 'stay in place' is their main selling point, plus no seams. I can vouch for the no riding up in the hi-cuts, briefs, hipsters - and they do offer boyshorts and thongs styles too

JCPenney, Macys, Nordstrom. Costco used to sell them in a 5 pack but I haven't seen them there in the last year or so. I think they run slightly big, if you were going to try them you might buy one pair and see how they perform for you before committing to half doz pair in what you think is your size :)

o

My daughter is complete thong convert. Her favorite one is made of a thin stretchy gauzy fabric. She says it's very comfortable because it feels like nothing. They were purchased at Mervyn's. They were a novelty item in an animal print.

o

There's an undies out there by Naomi and Nicole which is seamless and has very light rubbering (a stay-put silicone) around the leg area so it stays put. Undies always ride up on me too, and I have a butt (pear-shaped figure). I got mine at Boscov's and like them alot - very comfy. The material is very thin so you won't get panty lines. In the 2 months I've owned these, I've never had to re-adjust them. When I wash them, I let them air dry because the heat from the dryer will damage the silicone. They dry in no time.

I've tried everything; thongs and boy shorts are not for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: panties

o

Try Warners All Day panties. Very comfortable and stretchy and they do not wedge at all! They also have a line called "no Wedgies No Worries." Look for them on sale at Kohls and JC Penney

o

These are great tips! Thanks! I thought I was the only one with this problem! No thongs in my future, but I will check out these other brands.

o

I've been checking in and reading with interest. Thank you! I am going to keep an eye out locally for some of the brands/styles you mentioned, and will try buying a few different ones to check out. Will let you know if I find my perfect underpants!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here