Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need cosmetics for my marriage

Posted by scottscott (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 1:14

I am getting married in next month and I need complete range of good cosmetics. Ive no time left to go out and search for individual products. If you guys can help me by telling where to buy the product that is reasonable also of course, Ill be grateful to you guys, but please do reply ASAP.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need cosmetics for my marriage

Don't you wear makeup now? you really don't want to change your make up and skin care routine so close to your wedding. Trying new makeup could cause unexpected problems (like breakouts or rashes), and you don't want to look back at your wedding pictures and wonder why you don't look like you. If you really feel like you need different makeup, try a cosmetic counter at your local department store, and go to one like Clinique that should be non irritating. It will cost you plenty for good makeup. My foundation (Pur Minerals pressed foundation) costs $36.00, my lipstick (Clinique) costs $16.00 a tube. I would reccomend either the Clinique High Definition Lashes (expensive) or Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-brush Mascara (inexpensive). They both work great and have brushes that make it easy to get to the tiniest lashes. Remember not to put mascara on your lower lashes for the wedding, don't want smudges! I also use Covergirl Professional Mascara, not on my lashes but on my brows. I snip the applicator brush in half and apply it gently to my brows. It darkens the eyebrows and shapes them without looking harsh or overdone. You just pick the color closest to your brow color. After applying use your brow brush to shape your brows. I tried this because I could not find brow gel that I saw on a beauty show, I have since found brow gel, but at $25.00 a tube, I think I will stick with the Coveregirl.

Good luck on your wedding and marriage. I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride.

o

Make an appointment at a cosmetic counters at one of the nice department stores. Bring lots of money. They are trained to know what to do for a "bridal makeover". You don't want to do anything extreme.

If it is only the wedding and the photo shoot you are worried about just have your make-up professionally done for that day. You won't end up with a bucket of products you will never use again. Have it done once before the 'Big Day' to make sure you and the artist are on the same page with the look you want. Ditto for you hairstyle. Don't make big changes the day of the event.

o

I can imagine what it feels when you are going to get married and you dont have good set of cosmetics or even you dont have cosmetics. Ive been thru all this in my marriage. But thanks to my friend he got me some good cosmetic and they were fabulous. When I asked her the name of the shop, she told me that she had shopped online from Buy Organic Skin Care. I saw that they have good collection of cosmetics and other products. So dont waste thinking were to get from just have a look and see if you can get the things you are looking for.
Wish you happy married life and all the best for your future.

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Skin Care

o

scottscott, what a coincidence, you live in Armenia and so does john.smith who just posted the Organic site. I'm puzzled though, the site does not ship outside the UK...........

anyway, you got good advice above regarding make up readily available in stores.

o

I think Neutrogena is generally a good line of cosmetics and is not too expensive compared to department store products.

Go slow with it to be sure you don't have any allergies to the new products.

Do you have an Ulta near you? Someone there would probably be happy to help you select a few things. Maybe Sephora does the same thing. Choose a foundation which matches your neck. Eyebrow pencil which matches your hair. If you think mascara might make your eyes itch, ask about one which is hypoallergenic.

Good luck!

o

alot of women rave about MAC cosmetics and to use the loreal sublime sunless tanner under makeup. I love this stuff!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here