Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
acne scarring

Posted by whispery (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 25, 03 at 22:54

hi-

i have some minor acne scarring i would like to get rid of. has anyone found anything helpful short of going to a dermatologist?

thx.
kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: acne scarring

1) stay out of the sun as much as possible- if you MUST sunbathe, wear a hat AND serious sunscreen. sun does things to scars that can double their life.

2) the next question is- is the acne still active, and what's the general condition of your skin? if it is- you need
a) something to attack the bacteria directly (my home brew is a poultice of- 1 green tea bag, 1 tsp clay (dry, if you can find it at the health food store) 1 tsp borage. combine dry ingredients, grind to powder, then add lavander or tea tree oil and water in equal amounts to make a soft paste. apply directly to red spots)
b) something to calm your skin down (a lot of the scarring is from the irritation that the infection causes) and I've found that cucumbers are the BEST for this
c) something to encourage the skin to renew itself-
this one is fun. take equal parts papaya and plain yogurt, blend. apply as mask- this is the exact same facial/back treatment that will cost you $70-100 at a day spa...
and if you absolutely cannot find fresh papaya, you can go to the health food store, and get 'papain' tablets- they're a digestive enzyme, and usally contain a mix of papaya and pineapple.

o
RE: acne scarring

I have some old scarring and recurring acne (the menopausal kind now). Retin A is the only thing I've found that minimizes my enlarged pores. It also takes care of the recurring acne and blackheads. I have never found an OTC product that did any good. I also use an OTC fade cream to even out skin tone from melasma.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here