Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
problem w/acrylic nails : forming powder ball w/monomer

Posted by bjames (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 26, 09 at 21:01

I have a problem when dipping the brush with the monomer on it, into the acrylic powder. Instead of the monomer picking up a ball of powder on the tip of the brush, it just flows into the container of acrylic powder, liquifying and wasting the powder left in the container, and leaving hardly any on the tip of the brush to apply to my nails. I have tried both wiping off excessive monomer on the hairs of the brush, and leaving a little more on it before dipping into the powder. I continue to have this problem. What am I doing wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: problem w/acrylic nails : forming powder ball w/monomer

In my experience, this would seem to definitely be a problem of having too much monomer on the brush. I realize you said that you have tried wiping excess monomer from the hairs of the brush, but maybe not enough? When you dip the brush in the monomer, only dip the very tip and see if that makes a difference. Also, I am wondering if it might be the brush itself. Maybe the type of brush you are using just wicks more liquid than it should. You might try a brush with bristles made of a different material than the one you already have.

o

You could try a tiny saucer made for this, beauty supply, and be sure the brush is tapered some and only dip the tip in the liquid. The tiny saucer will limit the damage to your supply.

o

A good brush makes a world of difference. Sally's carry
nice brushes for this purpose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here