Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what shoes do you wear with your jeans?

Posted by chessy (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 07 at 20:08

I need some ideas for shoes to wear with my jeans this fall! I don't mean tennis shoes or s**t kickers! But with cooler temperatures coming, what kind of shoes or boots do you like to wear with your jeans? I have tan rocket-dog slip ons for really casual and boots, but would like something a little nicer. I am not good at picking out shoes -- I can tell, however, when someone else has nice shoes! I don't particularly care for the leather penny-loafer preppie look though. So I'd like your ideas! Thanks....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what shoes do you wear with your jeans?

I just bought some nice clogs for 29.99 at Value City. It's a great store to get some nice shoes at a decent price. I bought Mia clogs in black:

Here is a link that might be useful: shoes

o
shoes again

I also bought some other ones for also 29.99 at Value City. I tend to prefer clogs so I can slip them on and off and I'm running around with my kids. I don't like the gym shoe look with jeans.

Here is a link that might be useful: eastland shoes

o

A short boot with a 2 inch heel or a flatter heel looks nice with jeans; I think it also depends on what look you are wearing on top. I wear jeans a lot , even with a dressier jacket.

o

Chessy, you say you can tell when someone has nice looking shoes on, so next time why not ask them when you see a style that is something you would go for?

o

I agree with Mitchdesj, you can wear just about any shoe with jeans depending on the look you are going for. I have worn jeans with very casual looks (t-shirts and jerseys) to fairly dressy outfits. I don't like basic sneakers with jeans, but I do wear athletic mules (sketchers), mules, clogs, espadrilles, ankle boots with 2" heels, knee boots (jeans tucked or untucked depending on the boot) with 3" wedge heels, or high heels. A good pair of jeans are so versatile! I usually wear dresses or skirts so my husband loves when I put on a pair of tight (comfortably so, not sprayed on) jeans and a pair of heels with a fuzzy sweater or silky blouse, he thinks it is very sexy!

o
Oops! Forgot something.

I forgot, I get most of my shoes at Famous Footwear, Kohls, and Marshalls, and there have been some very nice boot out for fall! Go to Kohl (www.kohls.com) or Famous Footwears sites, you can get some great ideas for shoes at these sites.

Here is a link that might be useful: Famous Footwear

o

Boots. I have probably 6 or 7 pairs maybe more.

o

Hey, zoewolf (or anyone), since you seem to like boots, do you have any ideas what the fashon trends for this fall/winter are with them? Hi or low heels? Short or tall boot? Pointy or round toe? etc... I seem to always miss the mark.
Thanks!

o

Carla, I've been shopping for boots these last few weeks; lots of high heels but there is everything else also. I look on line at the designer websites to see the trends and new styles , I also look at neiman marcus and saks website to see the styles. After that, it's a question for me to find what fits my wide feet and that I can comfortably walk in. Which is why I shop early when they have all the sizes. So far I bought a short ankle boot with a short kitten heel, and also a patent leather pair of knee high boots with square toe and flat heel, both by Aquatalia.

I live in Montreal so we need weather resistant boots as well as leather ones that are not too warm or lined to wear indoors or on dry pavement. Aquatalia has a treated black suede that can be scrubbed clean.

I'm still on the lookout for others, this year I have to replenish.

o

Carla35,

For me at least, I wear what I feel like wearing regardless of what is "in". I have boots in nearly every color except white (yeck), and all different types of heels (from low to high). However, 99% of the time, I will always insert my jeans into the boot.

My daughter works in the shoe department at Nordstroms, and for my birthday, she has decided to buy me brown suede, knee high Uggs. She also bought me a pair of very expensive leather boots for X-mas when she worked in the shoe department at Macys.

She makes VERY GOOD money at Nordstroms even working just part-time.

o

Thanks for the suggestions, guys... Guess I should try to shop early too since I've got really, really wide feet. I haven't really liked the boots I've seen out here lately..sort of boring....guess I'll have to keep looking... Thanks again for the input.

o

I'm still a big fan of Uggs. I have at least 6 different pairs of boots ranging from knee high,high heel,low heel,furry,and wedge styled. I'm also a huge fan of clog-like shoes that go with jeans.Occasionaly I'll wear a pair of platforms.

o

I'd have to say Uggs. Uou cant really go wrong with them. Plus, they come in different colors, whether you want a simple brown or a tan, or maybe even a burgundy. They're also really comfy...kinda feels like your walking on pillows..lol

o

At age 51 I tend to gravitate toward a sleek clog or mule style with a 3 inch or shorter heel. I also like ankle height boots for cooler weather and sandals with heels for cooler weather. No Uggs for me! Ever.

o

aren't Uggs very warm ?

o

I would prefer boots with jeans.

I am addicted to boots and I have a huge collection of boots.

Check out the latest " Harley Davidson Talie boots", which I ordered through "shoedeals4u.com".

http://www.shoedeals4u.com/images/shoes/small/D85268.jpg

o

Ugg makes a driving shoe style. Once you've worn one you'll never wear another shoe to run around town, errands and those type of jeans days. Of course they aren't for evening wear or a special night out with jeans.

I don't care for the Ugg boots, but their shoes, ahhh, now they are comfort shoes.

o

I think Uggs and some other styles are very cute on young women and even some not so young women. On me it would scream "trying way too hard" or "mutton dressed as lamb!" LOL! My 15 year old wouldn't let me leave the house.

o

I have to admit I love wearing Keds sneakers with my jeans, but for a bit more style I wear either clogs or Dr. Scholl's sandals.

o

LOL barnmom! It's my first year with kids in school full time, so I hit the mall. Wow, it's sad to see all the forty somethings hitting the "juniors" department - trying way too hard for sure. All the kept women cruising the fashion peaks mid-day. I determined to get a job and dress my age from that day on!!!

o

Most times I prefer a chunky mule with a 2" heel. I also have several pair of casual wedges that are great if I'm out shopping all day. In the summer I have some very pretty wedges that are open and have an ankle strap which really show off my pedicure. I only wear sneakers for hiking etc

Lori

o

I wear my beat up old brown oil tanned Boulet cowboy boots, thrice resoled and looking very lived in. The most comfortable shoes I own, and my mother hates them. They are perfect.

o

Ines, I think your boots sound perfect, too! LOL!

o

Yes, they are cool and I am totally cool when I wear them. I wish Boulet still made the same style. From day one they were comfortable, not stiff like most cowboy boots. I have had them for over 10 years - maybe 12 yrs? and just this year the leather is starting to tear over the right toe area. I don't think that is something that can be fixed.

But you have to admit, considering I wear them year round, summertime too, that is a good long time for any shoe to last!

o

Usually wear Reebok shoes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here