Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salicylic Acid Peel/Beauty For Less tips

Posted by vilett (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 23, 09 at 15:31

I am considering doing Salicylic Peel by myself. I want to start with 10% (20% and 30% are too strong for first time use). I use to have Glycolic Peels that were done in a spa.I know Salicylic works better but I can not afford to pay $$$ for this treatment in a medspa. I can buy Salicylic Peel on-line and save A LOT! Now it is all about Beauty For Less... Does anyone used Salicylic at home? Also, let's share about Beauty For Less tips...Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salicylic Acid Peel/Beauty For Less tips

don't know about the peel, but I can contribute a "Beauty For Less" suggestion;

look in the dollar stores for lotions, soaps, & such.

I found shea butter soap & Yardley oatmeal & almond soap & Yardley lavender soap for $1 a bar at Dollar Tree.

& you can get the little white jars of aloe lotion or vitamin E lotion or aloe/vitamin E at (if I remember correctly)Dollar General.

o
RE: Salicylic Acid Peel/Beauty For Less tips

I have never been in a Dollar store. I buy the italian/french soap bars in Marshall's. I am always looking for shea butter or olive soap bars; usually pay $3.99 per bar. Next time I go to Dollar store. Thanks!
Well, talking about soap bars.... I am from Europe and I truly believe that the best you can do for your your body skin - clean/wash it with a good triple milled bar soap. I love soaps with shea butter and olive oil. Yes, a real soap bar made with animal fat - but that what is so good for your skin, it has those fatty acids that make your skin feel and look good. I see American women are using those liquid washes. I do not know how the intricate pure chemical mix with "nourishing and moisturizing" promises can make your skin happy. I tried to use those, different ones - they just dried out my skin to the point of irritation.
I often get compliments on my body skin in the gym. ( I wear short sport-bras). A few things -
a good soap bar,+shea butter body cream+almond oil on top. Drink plenty of water and take 5 ml of fish oil 2 times a day, plus grape seed extract that has many benefits and one of them - anti-aging for skin (I take it for 4 years)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here