Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hydrating spray

Posted by dejavue (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 22, 06 at 14:09

hi, i am new to this site and i love it. my question is does anyone use or know of a good hydrating spray to use when getting out of shower. this is for my dh. his skin gets so dry during winter months.it isnt even cold yet and his calves are already starting to flake. he has been using curel lotion but it really doesnt do much. thank you and appreciate any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hydrating spray

Well, this is not a spray, but my DH worked for years in a plant whre they made cardboard, and his skin was really dry. I mean cracked and bleeding dry. That cardboard would just suck it right out of him. Suprisingly, he found that if he took a bath before bed, using Avon's vanilla bubble bath, it cut this problem way down to almost nothing.
Worth a try......

o

Just remember that most moisturizers do not really add moisture. They seal in moisture. Lotions work best when used on well hydrated still damp skin after bathing. Make sure that he rinses all soap off really well when bathing and just use soap on the the parts that need it skipping legs and other dry areas every so often. An occasional oatmeal bath or using a colloidal bar like Aveeno is soothing to itchy skin.

o

Thank You for your responses.The oatmeal bath is that just regular oatmeal and how much?Dh is a shower person. I cant remember last time he got into bathtub.

o

Aveeno makes an oatmeal bar that is nice but other bars with oatmeal are good too. You can make a homemade oatmeal soak by putting regular (not instant) oatmeal tied in cheesecloth but again there are many commercial preperations in the health and beauty aisle of your local drugstore.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here